Last night I was trying to find great audiobooks for any reader to enjoy. Oprah’s book club provided me with a top ten meaningful books, published back in April. Here are my top five Simply Audiobooks offers!
“When we asked Oprah to pick…books she’s read in the past decade that have mattered to her most, she [offered] a sampler of delightful titles that have…managed to teach her – and all of us – a few things”
On the list are:
- The Poisonwood Bible – Barbara Kingsolver Rent Today
- Night – Elie Wiesel Rent Today
- The Pillars of the Earth – Ken Follett Rent Today
- The Bluest Eye – Toni Morrison Rent or Download Today
- The Known World – Edward P. Jones Rent or Download Today
Of these five, my favourite is definitely Ken Follett’s, The Pillars of the Earth. Listen as the story takes you through the passage of time where friends and enemies are forged, and violence takes its toll.
Here’s the link. Enjoy!