This policy may change, so please refer back to it periodically. If you use any of Simply Audiobooks' services, you agree to these terms.
Collection of Information
Collection of Information: We aim to collect, use and disclose only such information as is required to enable us to manage your account, to provide the Services, to maintain our customer/visitor lists, to respond to your inquiries or provide feedback, for identification and authentication purposes and for service improvement. Subject to the exclusions and disclosures we have listed below, we will maintain the confidentiality of any contact information you provide to us on signing up for our Services or contacting us with questions or for further information and we will use it only for the purposes for which we have collected it unless you agree that we may disclose it to other third parties.
is personally identifiable information, such as your name, address, e-mail address, and credit card information. At the time of collection, we will clearly identify the information being collected and the purposes for which it will be used. It is always your choice whether or not to provide Personal Information but if you choose not to provide certain requested Personal Information, in some instances you may not be able to register to use the Website or be able to access and use the Website at all. In other instances, your choice not to provide certain other Personal Information may mean that you will not be able to use certain features of the Website. We may collect Personal Information in respect of the Website through registration processes; communications with you; information downloads; service purchases; user support; and surveys.
is information of an anonymous nature, such as an Internet Protocol Address (IP Address) that has been stripped of personal information, device information, the domain used to access the Website, and the type and version of browser or operating system being used by visitors and Users of the Website. Aggregate information, such as demographic statistics of our users (e.g. average age or geographical allocation of our users), number of visitors, what pages users access or visit, and average time spent on the Website is not considered Personal Information. Similarly, business contact information such as the name, title, business address, or telephone number of a business or professional person or an employee of an organization is not considered Personal Information.
Collection and Use of Information:
We collect information for the following purposes:
• Registration: In order to order our Services you must provide register for an account certain Personal Information to us, including your full name, email address, mailing address, billing address and credit card information. In general, none of your account registration information will be shared with any other users of the Website or our Services, but may be provided to certain third party service providers, as is described below.
• Shipping Information: We use UPS for all outbound shipments of audiobooks that you order on the Website, and the United States Postal Service (“USPS”) for all returns/inbound shipments of audiobooks. We will provide UPS and USPS with your name and mailing address in order to facilitate the delivery and return of audiobooks from Us to You.
• Payments: In order to use the Services, you will be required to provide your credit card information to our merchant account payment gateway provided and hosted by Verisign. All payment information that you provide will be stored by Verisign and not Simply Audiobooks. We do not collect or store any credit card or other payment information. All payment information provided by Verisign will be treated in accordance with the
• Surveys: From time to time we may ask you to complete surveys in respect of our Services, which may involve the collection of certain additional personal information. All surveys are completely voluntary, and are for internal purposes, such as service improvement. Your refusal to complete a survey will not affect your use of the Services.
• Marketing Communications: If you opt-in to receive marketing communications from us, we will keep you up to date on our products and services. You may withdraw your consent to receiving marketing communications from us at any time by following the opt-out instructions in each communication, or by contacting our marketing department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Statistics: We also collect statistics about use of the Services purchased through the Website. This information will be kept confidential, however, aggregate statistics that do not personally identify an individual will be kept by us and such aggregate statistics may be made available to other members or third parties.
Your IP address is reported by your web browser whenever you visit a page on the Website. This information is recorded together with your registration information on our databases.
Disclosures & Transfers:
From time to time we may employ third parties to help us improve the Website and/or the Services. These third parties may have limited access to databases of user information solely for the purpose of helping us to improve the Website and/or the Services and they will be subject to contractual restrictions prohibiting them from using the information about our members for any other purpose.
We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties without your consent if we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) our rights or property, other Website members, other users of the Services, or anyone else (including the rights or property of anyone else) that could be harmed by such activities. We may disclose Personal Information when we believe in good faith that such disclosure is required by and in accordance with the law.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We use commercially reasonable efforts to store and maintain your Personal Information in a secure environment. We take technical, contractual, administrative, and physical security steps designed to protect Personal Information that you provide to us. We have implemented procedures designed to limit the dissemination of your Personal Information to only such designated staff as are reasonably necessary to carry out the stated purposes we have communicated to you.
You are also responsible for helping to protect the security of your Personal Information. For instance, never give out your email account information or your password for the Services to third parties.
Amendment of this Policy:
Access and Accuracy:
You have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you in order to verify the Personal Information we have collected in respect to you and to have a general account of our uses of that information. Upon receipt of your written request, we will provide you with a copy of your Personal Information although in certain limited circumstances, we may not be able to make all relevant information available to you such as where that information also pertains to another user. In such circumstances we will provide reasons for the denial to you upon request. We will endeavor to deal with all requests for access and modifications in a timely manner.
We will make every reasonable effort to keep your Personal Information accurate and up-to-date, and we will provide you with mechanisms to update, correct, delete or add to your Personal Information as appropriate. As appropriate, this amended Personal Information will be transmitted to those parties to which we are permitted to disclose your information. Having accurate Personal Information about you enables us to give you the best possible service.
You can help by keeping us informed of any changes such as a change of address or telephone number. If you would like to access your information, if you have any questions, comments or suggestions of if you find any errors in our information about you, please contact us at: email@example.com.